دانشگاه کچ، واقع در شهر استانبول ترکیه، به شماری دانشجوی متقاضی تحصیل در رشته کارشناسی ارشد و دکترای باستان شناسی و تاریخ هنر بورسیه ارائه میکند. دانشگاه کچ، یکی از بهترین دانشگاههای خصوصی کشور ترکیه به شمار می رود. برای کسب اطلاعات بیشتر به این لینک مراجعه نمایید.
The Department of Archaeology and History of Art at Koç University offers a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of archaeology, the history of art and visual culture, cultural heritage management, and museum studies by employing the most recent theoretical and methodological approaches and a hands-on approach to learning.
Our faculty consists of specialists in the archaeology and history of art of the civilizations that have flourished in the area of modern Turkey.
Students will learn about prehistoric Anatolian archaeology, the Greek and Roman eras, Late Antique and Byzantine studies, and the Ottoman period, and can decide to focus more specifically on one of these time periods. Cultural heritage management practices and museum operations are inseparable from the study of archaeology and the history of art, and students will also be instructed in these areas during their four-year undergraduate program.
Students in our department have the opportunity to take courses in ancient languages of the Mediterranean and Anatolian worlds such as Greek, Latin, and Ottoman Turkish.
Our lectures are enriched through field trips to archaeological sites and museum excursions, and participation in conferences and workshops organized by visiting lecturers and specialists from Turkey and abroad.
We provide hands-on training in methods of analysis and conservation in our archaeological laboratory. Our students are also encouraged to participate in one of our archaeological excavation projects during the summer or to complete internships with museums or cultural heritage organizations.
Program information available on: https://gsssh.ku.edu.tr/en/
Research areas of the MA and PhD program
- Archaeology of the Neolithic, Chalcolithic, Bronze, or Iron Ages
- Hellenistic and Roman art, architecture, and archaeology
- Late Antique and Byzantine art, architecture, and archaeology
- Seljuk and Ottoman art, architecture and archaeology
- Museum studies and cultural heritage management
PhD program faculty members
Prof. Aslıhan Yener (PhD Columbia University): Archaeology and Art History of Ancient Anatolia and the Ancient Near East, Materials Science in Archaeology, Ancient Metallurgy, Environmental Archaeology
Prof. Günsel Renda (Ph.D Hacettepe University): Ottoman Art, Ottoman Painting, Interactions of European and Ottoman Culture
Assoc. Prof. Lucienne Thys-Şenocak (PhD University of Pennsylvania): Ottoman Architectural and Urban History, Ottoman Fortifications, Patronage of Imperial Ottoman Women, Oral History, Cultural History, Gender Studies, Cultural Heritage Management, Museology
Assoc. Prof. Scott N. Redford (PhD Harvard University): Archaeology and History of Art of Medieval Anatolia and the Eastern Mediterranean, Landscape Archaeology, Materials Science in Archaeology, Ceramics
Asst. Prof. Carolyn Chabot Aslan (PhD Bryn Mawr College): Archaeology of Anatolia and the Aegean in the Early Iron Age through Archaic Periods; Troy; Gordion; Bronze age to Iron age transition; Migration; Aegean trade and interaction; Ancient religion; Ceramics.
Asst. Prof. Nina Ergin (PhD, University of Minnesota): Ottoman architectural history, hamams and imarets, history of Istanbul, Islamic and Asian art and architecture, Early Modern European art.
Asst. Prof. Alessandra Ricci (PhD Princeton University): Late antique and Byzantine archaeology and architectural history; pre-Ottoman Constantinople; late antique and Byzantine society and conflicts.
Instructor Adrian C.S.Saunders (MA University of Oxford): Latin and Greek language and literature, Latin and Greek prose and verse composition, Latin textual criticism, Greek and Roman epigraphy, numismatics of the Later Roman Empire.
Asst. Prof. Rana Özbal (PhD Northwestern University): The Archaeology and Prehistory of Anatolia and the Near East; Cultural Interaction; Neolithization; Early Complex Societies; Microarchaeology; Soil Chemical Analyses
Asst. Prof. Inge Uytterhoeven (PhD KU Leuven): Classical Archaeology; Hellenistic, Roman and Late Antique housing in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean; Interaction between the Roman West and the Greek East
Asst. Prof. Suzan Yalman (PhD Harvard University): History of Islamic Art and Architecture; Medieval Anatolian Architecture and Urban History; Cross-cultural exchange in the Medieval era
Asst. Prof. Çiğdem Maner (PhD University of Heidelberg): Art and Archaeology of the Ancient Near East and Anatolia, Aegean Bronze Age, Cultural interactions between Anatolia and the Aegean in the Bronze Age and Early Iron Age; Fortification Architecure of Middle Bronze Age and Late Bronze Age.
Ivana Jevtic (PhD University Paris 1-Panthéon Sorbonne and the University of Fribourg, Switzerland): Late Byzantine Constantinople, retrospective and narrative tendencies in Late Byzantine art and their comparisons with similar processes in Western medieval art.
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MA, 3 for PhD)
- TOEFL IBT (minimum 80) or IELTS (minimum 6,5) exam scores
- GRE exam scores (minimum 156 with BA degree or 154 with MA degree)
- Transcripts (minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.00)
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing samples
PhD and MA with thesis programs admit all students (Turkish and International) with scholarships that include:
- Full tuition waiver (both PhD and MA)
- Monthly stipend (PhD only)
- Free accomodation (PhD only)
- Private health insurance (PhD only)
- Other benefits
MA with Thesis programs admit all students with tuition waiver, that is, admitted students do not pay tuition. Students may receive additional benefits based on academic merit and may be funded by external sources.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form before the application deadline: https://gradapp.ku.edu.tr
- If you are shortlisted you will be contacted to schedule a phone or Skype interview
The program admits students for the Fall and Spring terms each year.
Check the Graduate School website for more information about application deadlines: https://gsssh.ku.edu.tr/en/
About Koç University
Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey is pleased to embrace students who have successfully acquired a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a masters or doctorate degree in their area of interest.
Koç University is the meeting point for the graduate student who wants to improve himself or herself in their graduate fields or who is ambitious and enthusiastic about scientific knowledge and wants to set sail for new horizons in other fields they are interested in.
At Koç University, education is not limited to the campus, but integrated with the whole business world. Our programs are designed to connect academia and the business community, to prepare the graduate students to be socially responsible global leaders and provide them with various career opportunities.
Why study a graduate program at Koç University?
Academic and Research excellence
- 480 world-renowned faculty
- 16 Research Centers, 3 Research and Education Forums and 112 Research Laboratories
- World-renowned scholars are frequently invited for seminars and workshops. See some recent examples here
- Citation impact 40% above the world average (SCOPUS FWCT 1,40)
- 8 European Research Council (ERC) grants at Koç University, the highest number in Turkey for these highly competitive research grants.
- Accredited programs in Turkey, Europe and the United States
- 10,485 strong alumni community in Turkey and around the world
- Majority of PhD and Master graduates received job offers before graduation or within 3 months after graduation in top ranked universities in the US and Europe
An international and lively campus experience
- All programs are taught in English (except Nursing program and some courses in Law)
- 25% of graduate students are international and coming from over 50 countries.
- Over 200 global partners for graduate exchange opportunities
Full support for international graduate students
- For admitted doctorate students who want to further improve their English language skills while continuing their research, GLP (Graduate Language Program) provides English training starting from their first year.
- Full visa and immigration support offered by the International Community Office (ICO) as well as social and language integration activities
- Research, teaching and career skills development programs and activities offered by specialised support teams.
- 8th in the Times Higher Education Best Small Universities Rankings 2016
- 13th in the Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2016
- 36th in the Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 Ranking 2016
Check our website: http://gsssh.ku.edu.tr/
Information for international applicants: https://graduate.ku.edu.tr
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +902123381178